ALBERTA PARKS - GRANDE CACHE AREA CAMPGROUNDS
Provincial campgrounds in the Grande Cache area are managed by Alberta Parks; sites are self‐registration and first come/first serve. Current information may be obtained at www.albertaparks.ca or 780-827-7393.
- Open early May through mid-October (weather dependent)
- Basic camping only, no power/sewer/water hook-ups
Pierre Grey's Lakes Provincial Park - 30 km south of Grande Cache. 83 sites around five small lakes.
Big Berland Provincial Recreation Area - 70 km south of Grande Cache
Smoky River South Provincial Recreation Area - 4 km north of Grande Cache.
Sulphur Gates Provincial Recreation Area ‐ 12 km northwest of Grande Cache (open year round)
Sheep Creek Provincial Recreation Area ‐ 25 km north of Grande Cache
Musreau Lake Provincial Recreation Area ‐ 113 km north of Grande Cache. 69 sites. 780‐538‐5350 for nformation
OTHER CAMPGROUNDS (managed by the Municipal District of Greenview; 780‐524‐7601)
Southview Provincial Recreation Area ‐ 45 km north of Grande Cache
Kakwa River Provincial Recreation Area ‐ 75 km north of Grande Cache (on either side of Highway 40). Open early May through September long weekend. No reservations. User‐maintained site. 14 sites.
WILLIAM A. SWITZER PROVINCIAL PARK
Located 120 km south of Grande Cache. Three rustic campgrounds and one, Gregg Lake, with more services (including 40 sites with power). www.albertaparks.ca or 310‐0000
Reservations for Gregg Lake or group camps listed below ‐ www.Reserve.Albertaparks.ca or 780‐865‐5152.
Locations for campgrounds (first come‐first serve/no reservations except Gregg Lake):
- Cache Lake – 14 sites (open May through first snowfall)
- Graveyard Lake / Halfway – 12 sites (open early May through first snowfall)
- Gregg Lake – 163 sites (39 power) (some sites open all year)
- Jarvis Lake – 25 sites (open all year)
Locations for group camps (by reservation only):
- Athabasca Lookout Nordic Centre – 65 sites (open May through Sep)
- Beaver Ranch – 12 sites (open early May through first snowfall)
- Pine Bay – 10 sites (open early May through first snowfall)