Development permits are required from the Town of Grande Cache for any new development; ie garage, accessory building, new home, decks, fences, as well as development to existing structures such as renovations and additions. A development permit is required prior to the commencement of the development to avoid doubling of the permit fees. This is to ensure that the proposed development is compliant with the Town of Grande Cache Land Use By-Law.
Click to access the Online Applications forms.
For more information, please contact: Debbie McCann, Development Officer at 780-827-3362, extension 30.
Development Permits Issued - Land Use By-Law641
Development Permits Issued from January1, 2013 to date.
Certificate of Compliance
- Residential Compliance - New: $75.00
- Residential Compliance - Existing Dwelling: $75.00
- Residential Non -Compliance: $75.00/Hour
- Commercial/Industrial Compliance - New: $75.00/Hour
- Commercial/Industrial Non-Compliance: $75.00/Hour
- Multi-Family Residential Compliance: $40.00/Unit
Residential Development - New/Renovation
- Development Cost / $1000.00: $1.25
- Minimum Charge: $10.00
- Maximum Charge: $60.00
- Multi-Dwelling Complex: $60.00+$40.00/Unit
- Home Occupations - New Application: $60.00
- Home Occupation - Renewal: $30.00
- Industrial, Commercial And Institutional All Uses: $60.00+$1.75/m2
- Sign Permit - Permanent: $60.00
Sign Permit - Temporary: $30.00
- Development Appeal: 1% of Construction Cost
- Minimum Appeal Fee: $125.00
- Maximum Appeal Fee: $350.00
Land Use By-Law Amendment
- Land Use By-Law Amendment Fee: $300.00 + All Advertising
Building Permit Fee
- At rates established by mutual agreement between the Town Of Grande Cache and Alberta Permit Pro – (Grande Prairie Office)
- Administrative Levy, Damage & Performance Deposit
- Administrative Levy / Living Unit Or Suite: $125.00
- Residential - Single Family Dwelling: $1,500.00 Minimum
- Residential - Multi-Family Living Unit Or Suite: $200.00 Min./Unit
- All Other Development: $10.00/$1000.00, $1000.00min - No Max
- Note: Damage deposit to be set by DO based on contractors proven record with the Town.
- Note: Interest paid at rate set by Provincial Government
- Note: The DO may require a letter of guarantee or an irrevocable letter of credit to secure performance of any of the conditions of a development permit.
- Residential - Single Family Dwelling: $75.00
- Residential - Multi-Family Living Unit or Suite: $40.00/Unit
- Note: An occupancy permit shall be required if a compliance certificate has not been issued.
- Tax Certificate: $20.00