NOTICE: EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2016
As of July 1st, 2016, Little Critters - Bed & Biscuit will provide Grande Cache with certain services pursuant to Bylaw No. 801 Animal Control and boarding of impounded dogs.
- All impounded dogs will be held in the dedicated pound section of Little Critters - Bed & Biscuit located at 10001 – 99th Street.
- Animal licensing is available at the Town Administrative Office located in the Provincial Building at 10001 Hoppe Avenue p: 780-827-3362 or at Little Critters - Bed & Biscuit p: 780-827-1761.
- Please Like and follow "Grande Cache Pound” Facebook page to ensure to get updates on impounded animals. Only impounded animals will be posted to this page. If you have a lost pet or you are looking to adopt please continue to use Grande Cache Animal Society pages.
- For animals running at large, please call Little Critters - Bed & Biscuit at 780.827.1761.
- View Bylaw No. 801 Animal Control
p: 780-827-1761 | e: email@example.com | www.littlecritters.ca | f: Grande Cache Pound
In Grande Cache, all dogs 4 months or older must be licensed. Licensing your dog is easy and important. A licence identifies you as your pet’s owner if he or she gets lost. A licence provides peace of mind should your dog go missing.
Information required includes:
- Owner’s name
- Home & work phone number
- Mailing address and street address
- Dog breed, colour &/or markings
- Dog age
- Whether or not your animal is spayed or neutered
Animal Licensing is available at:
- The Grande Cache Administration Office
- Little Critters - Bed & Biscuit
See Schedule "A” Animal Control By-Law No. 810
1. The following fees apply for dog licenses obtained on or before the first day of February in each year:
- Spayed/Neutered Animal $20.00
- Unspayed/Unneutered Animal $30.00
2. For licenses applied for after February 1, a $10.00 penalty will be assessed in addition to the fees prescribed above, provided that such penalty will not apply where:
- The dog for which the license is sought achieved the age of four (4) months within thirty (30) days of the application date;
- Satisfactory evidence is provided to confirm that the Owner only established residency in the Town within thirty (30) days of the application date; or
- Satisfactory evidence is provided to confirm that the dog for which the license is sought was acquired by the Owner within thirty (30) days of the application date.
3. The replacement fee for a lost or defaced license tag is $5.00.
No owner of a dog shall or permit the dog to:
- Run at large
- Chase or bark at a vehicle on a public highway
- Disturb the quiet of a person
- Defecate on public or private property, other than the property of it’s owner
- Damage public or private property, other than the property of the owner
- Pursue, bite, wound, harass or other wise assault, a person or animal, whether or not on the property of the owner
For information, please click here.