The Grande Cache Landfill is located 1.2 km north of Grande Cache on Highway 40. The Landfill is Class II, and accepts both in town waste, and out of town waste.
All waste is weighed and charged based on our fee schedule. Please see the Landfill Fee Schedule for further information.
All garbage must be covered when transferred to the landfill. All material must be sorted and placed as directed into the appropriate areas.
FREE Items Accepted:
- E-waste (TV, computer, fax machine etc.)
- Tires (maximum 24.5” rim size)
- Propane Tanks (maximum size 30lbs)
- Yard Waste (grass, leaves, branches, soil
- Contaminated refuse and soil
- Filter cloth
- Gas and diesel
- Medical waste
- Tires from out of town limits
- Dangerous goods (including harmful chemicals, toxic waste, asbestos etc.)
New Facility Hours: Tuesday – Saturday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
NOTE: Last customer entry at 5:30 pm*
Sunday, Monday & Statutory Holidays: CLOSED
BOTTLE BINGE DEPOT at the Landfill
Donate all recyclable bottles/cans at the Bottle Binge Depot, located at the entrance of the Grande Cache Landfill. The Grande Cache Environmental Committee, in partnership with Grande Cache is please to offer local groups a fundraising option by providing a bottle donation depot.
Click here for more information
Bottle Donation Application Information
Bottle Donation Application Form