The Grande Cache Landfill is located 1.2 km north of Grande Cache on Highway 40. The Landfill is Class II, and accepts both in town waste, and out of town waste (by approval.)
All waste is weighed and charged based on our fee schedule. Please see the Landfill Fee Schedule for further information.
All garbage must be covered when transferred to the landfill. All material must be sorted and placed as directed into the appropriate areas.
FREE Items Accepted:
- E-waste (TV, computer, fax machine etc.)
- Tires (maximum 24.5” rim size)
- Propane Tanks (maximum size 30lbs)
- Yard Waste (grass, leaves, branches, soil
- Contaminated refuse and soil
- Gas and diesel
- Medical waste
- Tires from out of town limits
- Dangerous goods (including harmful chemicals, toxic waste, asbestos etc.)
Free Tipping Day
The Town of Grande Cache hosts a "Free Tipping Day” once a year, where residents can bring items to the landfill (that are regularly accepted) for free of charge. Generally, the event occurs late Spring. Stay tuned to the website and regular notices to see the dates.
Monday – Saturday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
*NOTE: Last customer entry at 4:45 pm*
Sunday & Statutory Holidays: CLOSED