The Grande Cache Recreation Centre has a new well-equipped fitness centre with the following equipment:
- Free weights, squat rack, various barbells, dumbbells, a squat rack, a Smith Machine, various benches and mirrors
- Cable Machines include: Seated Row, Peck deck/Reverse Fly, Assisted Dip/Chin-up, Lat Pull down, Leg Press, Leg Extension/Curl Combo and a Dual Adjustable Pulley machine
- SCIFIT recumbent stepper total body tonerTreadmills, elliptical machine, a rowing machine, a stationary bike, a recumbent bike and spin bikes
- Stability balls, resistance bands, medicine balls, kettle bells, mats, ropes and steps
FITNESS CENTRE RE-OPENING AND BOOKING INFORMATION:
|Monday – Friday:|
|8:15 am - 10:15 am||Maximum 15 participants|
|10:30 am - 12:30 pm||Maximum 15 participants|
|12:45 pm - 2:45 pm||Maximum 15 participants|
|3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Maximum 15 participants|
|5:15 pm – 7:15 pm||Maximum 15 participants|
|Saturday & Sunday:|
|12:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Maximum 15 participants|
|2:15 pm - 4:15 pm||Maximum 15 participants|
|4:30 pm - 6:00 pm||Maximum 15 participants|
- Patrons are required to book a timeslot. You can book up to 24 hours in advance by calling the Grande Cache Recreation Centre at 780.827.2446.
- Bookings will be first come first serve.
- Any available time slots not booked will be first come, first serve basis.
- Each time slot is a two-hour window and participants are asked not to come to earlier than 5-10 min prior to your booking slot. If capacity is at the maximum capacity, you will be asked to wait until your time is available.
- All patrons will be asked to sign in giving their full name and phone number as per AHS standards.
- All patrons will be required to complete the COVID-19 self-screening tool (this includes taking temperatures) prior to entrance of the facility and commencement of any activity. Any participant that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility or participate.
- Public members are asked to come dressed appropriately for their work out/leisure activity. All change rooms and showers will be closed. Washrooms will be available.
- It is recommended that you bring your own hand sanitizer and water.
- Yoga mats, bands, and skipping ropes will not be available at this time. Please bring your own if you would like to incorporate it into your workout.
- Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use visit.
- Comply with physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres between individuals.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using the facility.
- Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands.
- Follow all mass gathering guidelines and limit congregating when entering and exiting the area.
- During high intensity aerobic activity, the physical distancing guideline is 9 feet between individuals.
- Additional sanitation stations will be placed around the facility and the facility is on a rigorous cleaning schedule.
- Follow tape and/or facility markers on the floor to define designated areas and manage flow of participants.
FITNESS CENTRE USE POLICY
- Unrestricted use is limited to persons 15 years and older with a valid facility pass.
- Youth 13-14 years must be supervised by a responsible adult at least 18 years of age.
- For emergencies notify facility staff and call 911.
- If you have any health concerns, contact your doctor prior to use.
- If you are unsure how to use the equipment, please contact the front desk to book an orientation.
- Wristbands must be worn by all users (during regular front desk hours).
- This is an unsupervised area, use at your own risk.