Application Forms and Fee Schedules


  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A


A development permit is required to:

  • construct a new building
  • alter an existing building
  • construct an accessory building
  • demolition of an existing building,
  • change the use of a building or portion of a building (eg: from a retail shop to a restaurant)
  • erecting or changing a sign

A development permit is not required for:

  • maintenance, repair, or renovation to any building, provided that such work do not include structural alterations,
  • the erection, construction, or maintenance, improvement or alteration or gates, fences, walls, or other means of enclosure, unless the gate, fence, wall, etc. exceeds the regulation indicated in Part Three, Sections 8.0 – 16.0 of the Land Use Bylaw;
  • a hard-surface of any yard area in a Residential District for the purpose of providing vehicular access from a road to an on-site parking space, provided that such hard-surface does not exceed 6.8 m (22.3 ft.);
  • an accessory building less than 10.0 m2 (107.5 sq. ft.) and less than 300 m (9.8 ft.) in building height; provided that it complies with side and rear yard setbacks, complies with all other provisions of Part Four, Sections 1.0 – 11.0 of the Land Use Bylaw (insert link), and does not create a hazard pursuant to the Alberta Building Code;
  • a patio in a Residential District that meets the minimum required yard requirements outlined in Part Three, Sections 27.0 – 30.0 of the Land Use Bylaw (insert link), related to Projections into the Required Yards;
  • home offices within a dwelling unit, provide that are listed as a permitted use in the District in which the site is located;
  • landscaping where it will not affect the grading or drainage of the subject or adjacent properties, except where the landscaping forms part of a development which requires a development permit.



An approved Development Permit is required for new construction or a change of use. Most developments require both a development permit and a Building Permit prior to development, as well as other permits—electric, gas, plumbing.

A person applying for, or in possession of, a valid development permit is not relieved from full responsibility for ascertaining and complying with, or carrying out and shall ascertain, comply or carry out development in accordance with the requirements of any other federal, provincial, or municipal enactment or any other law, including the Safety Codes Act, Alberta Building Code, Alberta Fire Code, Public Highways Development Act, Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Natural Resources Conservation Board Act, and the conditions of any caveat, covenant, easement, or other instrument affecting a building or land. Please see Links page


MD of Greenview Development information, permit applications and forms are available at the MD of Greenview website.

A development permit application must be submitted to the office of the Planning and Development for review. The review will include an examination to ensure the development or proposed use complies with the regulations for the applicable land use district and any other regulations in the Land Use Bylaw.

After the review of the application, the development permit will have a decision rendered by the Development Authority—Development Officer or the Municipal Planning Commission.

Refer to the Land Use Bylaw No. 799 and District Map for details of specific land use districts and regulation.