WELCOME TO GRANDE CACHE RECREATION CENTRE
June 23, 2020 Facility Update:
GRANDE CACHE RECREATION CENTRE RE-OPENING JUNE 25, 2020:
We are excited to announce the re-opening of the Fitness Centre at the Grande Cache Recreation Centre. We have been working on a re-opening plan to balance the health and safety with public access.
The Grande Cache Recreation Centre Fitness Centre will open on Thursday, June 25, 2020. Please be patient with us as there are new processes in place to ensure the health and safety of patrons and staff.
FITNESS CENTRE RE-OPENING AND BOOKING INFORMATION:
Effective Thursday, June 25, 2020, the Grande Cache Recreation Centre Fitness Centre will be by appointment only. The opening and booking sessions will be as follows:
Monday – Friday:
Hours Usage User
8:15 am - 10:15 am Open Maximum 12 participants
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
12:45 pm - 2:45 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
5:15 pm – 7:15 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
Saturday & Sunday:
Hours Usage User
12:15 pm-2:15 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm Open Maximum 12 participants
*limit of 12 attendees per session
FITNESS CENTRE BOOKING PROCEDURES:
• Patrons will be required to book a timeslot the day of use only (no booking days in advance) by calling the Grande Cache Recreation Centre at 780.827.2446.
• Bookings will be first come first serve.
• Any available time slots not booked will be first come, first serve basis.
• Each time slot is a two-hour window and participants are asked not to come to earlier than 5-10 min prior to your booking slot. If capacity is at the maximum capacity, you will be asked to wait until your time is available.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
• All patrons will be asked to sign in giving their full name and phone number as per AHS standards.
• All patrons will be required to complete the COVID-19 self-screening tool (this includes taking temperatures) prior to entrance of the facility and commencement of any activity. Any participant that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility or participate.
• Public members are asked to come dressed appropriately for their work out/leisure activity. All change rooms and showers will be closed. Washrooms will be available.
• It is recommended that you bring your own hand sanitizer and water.
• Yoga mats, bands, and skipping ropes will not be available at this time. Please bring your own if you would like to incorporate it into your workout.
• Cash is not accepted. Please pay using credit or debit only.
OTHER FACILITY INFORMATION:
o Youth and Fitness programs will resume services at a later date, with attendance restrictions.
o The Community Bus will resume services at a later date with passenger restrictions.
o Closed at this time.
o Not available at this time.
• Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use visit.
• Comply with physical distancing guidelines of 2 metres between individuals.
• Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using the facility.
• Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands.
• Follow all mass gathering guidelines and limit congregating when entering and exiting the area.
• During high intensity aerobic activity, the physical distancing guideline is 9 feet between individuals.
• Additional sanitation stations will be placed around the facility and the facility is on a rigorous cleaning schedule.
• Follow tape and/or facility markers on the floor to define designated areas and manage flow of participants.
TOUR OUR FACILITY WITH 3D MODELS:
Grande Cache Recreation Centre at a Glance
- NHL size ice surface
- Spectator seating for 700
- Four dressing rooms with showers and washroom facilities
- Referee room
- Overhead door entry for large equipment
- Ice generally ready at the end of September until March
- Arena surface available for weddings/rentals in the summer months
- 6 lane 25m pool
- 2 dive boards (1m & 3m)
- Wheelchair lift
- Leisure/Wave Pool
- Lazy River
- Zero beach entry
- Hot Tub
- Steam room
- Offers Red Cross Swim Lessons, Fitness Programs and Lifesaving Society course
- Spray Park (Open June – September 11:00 am – 8:00 pm daily)
- Changeroom/washroom facilitiy
- Paved Basketball Court
- Green Gym with a full range of fitness equipment
- Paved walking trails
- An indoor climbing cave fun for the whole family!
- Please contact the Recreation Centre at 780.827.2446 for available drop in times and rentals.
- Call about special programs & birthday parties!
- The Grande Cache Recreation Centre offers a variety of community programs and events for all ages that include registered programs, drop in programs, fitness programs and aquatic programs.
- All members and non-members are required to wear wristbands while using the Grande Cache Recreation Centre, unless attending a program for which they have registered (participants names will appear on instructor attendance lists).
- Access to our facility is permitted up until 20 minutes before the facility closes.
- Families, persons with disabilities, persons with mobility issues and caregivers are welcome to use our family change room facilities.
- No food, beverages (except water in non-glass water bottles), bags or coats are permitted in activity areas.
- Coin-operated lockers are available for use in our change rooms at a cost of $0.25 per locker.
- Parents/legal guardians are responsible for the behaviour and conduct of their minor children.
- Personal conduct within the facility must be in the spirit of community and good sportsmanship.
- Family-friendly language, behaviour and attire is expected and required.
- Personal training, group training and instruction that is not delivered by Recreation Services or approved by the Manager of Recreation Services is strictly prohibited.
- Proper, clean, non-marking athletic shoes and attire are required in activity areas.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco is not permitted anywhere within the GCRC.
- We have zero tolerance for abuse or harassment of our staff and volunteers.
- Grande Cache, its employees and representatives cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen articles. We strongly advise that no valuables be brought into our facility or onto our property.