The Public Works team is responsible for maintaining Grande Cache’s roads, water & sewer lines, snow removal, sanding, garbage collection and the animal pound.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 3:45 pm
9706 Shand Ave.
After Hours Emergency Contact: 780-501-1246
For more information on our bylaws, please visit the Bylaws section of our site.
24 kms south of Grande Cache
The Grande Cache Aerodrome is free. All we ask of you is to sign the registration sheet located on the counter. This is NOT a Customs Aerodrome.
- Elevation at Aerodrome is 4117 feet
- Top of Hayden Ridge to the East is 6434 feet
- Top of Grande Mountain to the West is 6520 feet
- Asphalt runway
- 08 (082°) / 26 (262°)
- Size: 5,000 feet long by 100 feet wide
- Elevation: 08-4088.50′, centre-4114.76′, 26-4110.50′
- Maintained year-round
- Lit for night flying (to turn on runway lights, key microphone 3 times for low, 5 times for medium, or 7 times for high intensity)
- There are 4 hazard beacon lights
- 53°55′01″ North
- 118°52′28″ West
- tfc 123.2
- 5NM 7100 ASL
- Open and lit 24 hours a day
- Washrooms available with handicap stalls
- Pay telephone available inside
There is no Jet fuel available at the Aerodrome.
- There is a water bomber fire base located at east end of the runway
- There is activity at the base April through September or longer (at present it will be longer due to the Pine Beetle battle)
- Only pilots familiar with local terrain should use this airport during hours of darkness
- Aircraft at opposite ends of runway may not be visible to each other due to the arch of the runway
- Right hand circuits runway 26 (CAR 602.96)
- Night - follow VTPC
- Do not descend below 5100 ASL until on final approach
The Grande Cache Aerodrome is owned and operated by the Town of Grande Cache.
Automated Information Line: 780-827-3331
Public Works Department: 780-827-3611
Town Administration: 780-827-3362
After Hours: 780-501-1246